Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Reclaimed

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 13:27:03 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 04/22/2017 12:51 PM, wrote:
[useful summary of caveats/processes elided solely for brevity]...

Just thought I would put all that out there in case someone is
thinking of Hardie or any other kind of cement board installation. It
lasts well when put up correctly, but you must follow the instructions
perfectly.

Thanks again, good background indeed. I'm surprised the Hardie board is
so susceptible to moisture; you'd think given the material it would be
much more impervious than seems to be and hence there wouldn't be such
issues of causing paint failures.

BTW, was wondering if you tried to view the links I posted earlier
below; nobody had commented at all so wondered if were not working or
just elicited no response...

Concrete loves water, but H2O is the univeral solvent.