Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 13:49:22 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/22/2017 01:01 PM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 21:40:32 +0300
Micky wrote:

So when I turn the car off while it's in Neutral, and I get out of the
car, and it starts rolling, I have to get back in the car while it's
rolling to put my foot on the brake to shift into Park!

You would rather throw it into park while it is rolling?

WTF????

Hey, it's a rental. Micky doesn't care if the park pawls wind up on the
bottom of the transmission case.

Not so. Of course I care. And I normally wouldn't stop the car
without putting in Park either, but for some reason I've done that 2
or more times in the last month with this car, and 2 of those times it
started to roll

I'd rather be able to put it into park without having first to get
myself into the drivers seat, while it's continuiing to roll, pick up
speed, and hit another car or person.

And I presume you'd prefer that too if you weren't in Internet dump
mode.

People like him are the best argument

What crap. I take very good care of the car, probably better than you
treat rentals. If you can't see why it's better the way I want it, I
hope it's only because you're in Intenet dump/jerk mode, which is a
terrible place to be btw. .

why you shouldn't but rental vehicles.