Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default wireless mice double pulsing

wrote in message
On 22/04/2017 18:00, Capitol wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when
only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch

Yep, specially with Logitech mice. The ****ing clowns have
been using the same microswitch for more than a decade
now and are too stupid to debounce it properly electronically.

OTOH that has given me free otherwise very decent
wireless mice for more than a decade now. I get the
very expensive fancy ones with very long 5 or 7 year
warrantys and when it starts double clicking as it always
does eventually, they usually cant provide an exact
replacement so they have to give me a full refund.

Trouble is now its hard to find a Logitech with better
than a 1 year warranty and they dont all start double
clicking in 1 year.

(could they all be "tired"?)

Yes, you can buy the microswitches for peanuts, they
are so notoriously a problem with Logitech mice.

In the past I've swapped-over switches but mice are so cheap its doubtful
whether it's worth the effort.

The best performing wireless gaming mice arent.

About to change over to the cheapest 6 button wireless
mice I can find on aliexpress and see how that goes,
getting two different ones so I always have a spare.

Thats a problem with 6 button mice tho, the mechanical
memory means its a pain to change mice. Maybe I will
just get a one, see if I like it, get more of the same if I do.