Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default HOOKING UP AMP GAUGE ?

On 4/21/2017 11:47 AM, wrote:

Suggest circuits for linking an analog amp gauge to the output of a 200 amp auto

alternator for measuring output under load. ? links ? commercial units ?

I'll try this again, I have a 6 year old computer running windows 7. I
have not any problems in 6 years with it, while typing my screen went
white! Only a reboot brought it back.

This unit is what you need.
https://www.bluesea.com/products/801...00A_with_Shunt

The instructions are here on the last page, it is wired to measure
battery current, you need to wire it to measure alternator current.
http://assets.bluesea.com/files/reso...tions/9322.pdf

If you want to go cheap.
Here's a shunt, $16.00
http://www.allelectronics.com/item/s...00-amps/1.html

And here's a meter to go with it. $12.00
http://www.allelectronics.com/item/p...l-meter/1.html

Mikek

---