Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Melting Bar Soap?

On 4/21/17 1:52 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in news41kfc5b4achekatlv5q5sa329hesn50iq@
4ax.com:

I have a container full of little left-over fragments of bar soap.

I would like to melt them down and pour a nice big bar of soap.

Tried microwaving both with and without added water, but no-go.

I guess stovetop in a double boiler is next.

Is melting bar soap possible?

Yes, but it's WAY more work than it's worth. Did it once, never again. It takes hours. What's a
bar of soap cost, fifty cents? Just throw them out. Then, next time you have a bar worn down
to a sliver, and unwrap a new bar, get both of them good and wet and press the sliver onto
the new bar and keep using it.

Works with most bar soaps- but not with Dove brand though.

--
The left knows the answer is gun control; they just don't know what the
question is.