Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avagadro7@gmail.com is offline

Default HOOKING UP AMP GAUGE ?

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 3:13:45 AM UTC-4, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

Suggest circuits for linking an analog amp gauge to the output of a 200 amp auto

alternator for measuring output under load. ? links ? commercial units ?

** Do you still have other people wipe you arse for you ?

Wot a lazy ****ing ****.

http://www.madelectrical.com/electri...s/amp-ga18.jpg

PHOOOOM !

why the fuse box connection ?

all ...probably all...today's aux system are separate from the factory computer except for the trailer wiring harness.

The Ford truck computer system is fairly tolerant of low power experiment. Blowing fuses not massive $$$$. EG skip the ignition measure n assume 75 to 100

What I would need with your link is a reduction of 100 amps...the alleged supply over operation Ford amps with 'stock' lights on ... to 1 amp at the gauge. A quality one amp gauge linear to the 100 amps. I assume linearity.

Inserting a resistor ? is this OK or is there a better way of sampling 100 to 1 amp ?