Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. electric cars - do they have gearboxes?

On 22/04/17 10:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 09:21:33 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

Nightjar wrote:

The principle has been demonstrated. A few years ago the Japanese
demonstrated a fuel cell car that ran entirely on water.

Eh? Now who's talking drivel?

A fuel cell that magically splits water or in some other way converts
*only* water into electrical energy? This greatest, most fabulous
discovery was made a few years ago and nobody has heard of it?

This one perhaps?
https://www.greenoptimistic.com/gene.../#.WPshDlTTWf0

"Fabulous" seems like an apt description, stuff of fables.

Tim

Sadly, the Green world is full of such nonsense. Anything is possible
if you know nothing.

Anything *seems* to be possible if you know nothing.

I have often said - and it bears repeating - that my education in hard
science and engineering doesn't tell me ultimately how to build stuff
that works, but it is incredibly effective at telling me what cannot
work, so I don't waste time trying.

This 'negative knowledge' is hugely useful.

Greens call it 'being negative' :-)

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain