Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No coal power for 24 hours?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

ARW wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39675418
I thought we had already done that.

I thought we'd had "more solar than coal" one bright saturday?

we had that some time ago,

I was mis-remembering the BBC article from March when

"For the first time ever, the amount of electricity demanded by
homes and businesses in the afternoon on Saturday was lower than
it was in the night, because solar panels on rooftops and in
fields cut demand so much"

and there was a brief couple of hours in 2016 whene there was no
coal, but this is a no coal *day*, and the greens are wetting their
pants thinking its terribly wonderful.,

Wait till be get a 'no electricity day'. The sad part about that is that
Gridwatch wont be able to record it.

What? Not running in a datacentre with n+1 UPS and standby generators?