Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default General election

On 22/04/17 06:31, Handsome Jack wrote:
If the establishment is going to disallow referendum outcomes with which
they disagree there is no point in having a referendum at all.

Oh, they are like show trials and te European parliament. They give an
impression of democracy.

The point about the referendum was to engage huge amounts of money in
negative PR and get all the media on board to create a massive scare
story so we would vote to stay, thus seeing off UKIP and the
Eurosceptics until it was too late.

It backfired massively.

I can't understand how this isn't completely obvious to anyone.

Your confusion arises from the mis-perception that democracy is, in te
eyes of the establishment, anything more than an expensive nuisance - a
sort of national theatre show - that engages the consciousness of the
chattering classes and the Pee-Pull in an irrelevant demonstration of
emotional outpourings, while the actual decisions are quietly taken
elsewhere and if they imply legislation, its slid through on the QT.

I will always think that despite his orders, Cameron, and maybe some
others, deliberately cocked this one up, as a last act of rebellion
against the puppet masters who had put him there.

You only have to look how the internal party processes were manipulated
to erect Corbyn, May and Paul Nuttall*, to see how politics really
works. They are no ones first choices at all, except the few behind te
scenes who control the party apparatus.

And who controls them?

But I digress. This referendum was never supposed to go this way, hence
'it was all a huge mistake' etc. etc. And that meme is being pushed
through channels and eventually becomes the war cry of the lefty****s
here, who actually think, they thought of it themselves. That's how
well controlled they are.

*and some other party whose name and 'leader' escapes me..hopefully
permanently.

fully understood.