Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Reclaimed

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 22:56:05 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:58:45 -0500, Markem
wrote:

Hardie siding can come pre painted with a first coat, just adding that
can be a time saver. Unlike some here I enjoy some plumbing stuff, but
painting a house nope not one bit.

I have to replace the Hardie Plank on the South side of my house
(installed by a moron) and am considering the pre-painted stuff. It
certainly would save time but it's about 40% more expensive than the
primed stuff. That seems like a lot to ask for a coat of paint.

Get an estimate from a painter, then you will know if it is worth it.