Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Big Bamboo

On 4/20/2017 7:19 PM, mysterious traveler wrote:

Frank"frank wrote:
On 4/20/2017 5:19 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:11:29 -0500, "Windows ME"
wrote:
Japanese Timber Bamboo is what mine is. It's the running kind.

It's 100 feet
from the house so there's plenty of room for it to grow. It's

supposed to be
able to get six inches around, and 60 feet tall. Right now the biggest
diameter is about 1/4 inch. The BIG SHOOTS will open up and won't

be as big
as they are now, but every year the shoots get bigger. None of it

is over
six foot tall yet.

Your neighbor will love you --- until.
That's right. It can attack houses damaging walls. I've seen

stands of bamboo just about nuked and grow back.

That sounds like Johnson grass. It's against the law to transplant
Johnson grass in Texas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_grass

Stands I've seen where much taller than Johnson grass. The wall damage
was mentioned in the paper by a county councilman as apparently it had
happened to her.