Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_19_] Muggles[_19_] is offline

Default Big Bamboo

On 4/21/2017 5:04 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:36:16 GMT, "Tekkie®"
wrote:

Around here the municipalities are banning it because it becomes so
invasive. I don't know how to get rid of it but find out and then do it.
NOW.

IIRC, the invasive type has tubers under ground; unlike the clumping
type. Until you get every tuber out of the ground you are SOL.

Our neighbor behind us has the invasive bamboo growing in the back
corner of their yard. I fight it every year so it won't spread into my
gardens raised beds. I've got lots of bamboo canes cut down and dried
laying in the back of the yard. They're ok to use for garden posts only
after they've completely dried. If you try to use them before that,
they'll root and start growing. The stand of bamboo grows as tall as
the telephone pole that's right next to it. It's beautiful in it's own
right, but a PITA!

--
Maggie