CBHvac

Default Swimming Pool Pump

This chick really is funny...
Shame her information is so wrong.

"CLSSM00X7" wrote in message
Hi,

15 feet isn't realy that close to the pool. It is fine at 15 feet and the
distance doesn't matter anyway.

Yes, it DOES matter.

The 1-1/2 inch return line sucks the same at
any distance.

No..it wont.

Simple fluid dynamics sweety....something you have no clue about...like
99.9% of the other things you post about.

If you were say 3 feet from the suction port on the pool it would
still suck the same amount. As far as air bubles in the strainer basket go

it
could be from a suction side leak only or from the strainer basket lid not
being secure. The pressure side leaks never take in air. Bleed the filter

of
air and if the air keeps coming back turn the pump off and on and look for
water dripping out of the suction line. Also, you can hold a flame by the
suction side joints and see if the flame gets sucked in. Sometimes you can

find
S-side leaks like that. I have even went as far as putting my ear on the

pipe
to find it.

As far as the vacuum plate cover goes: Is that how you hook up the hose

for the
vacuum? Most pools connect VIA a skimmer port. Anyway, I would put the

strainer
lid that came with the pump on to make sure you aren't sucking air there

Hon.

I am a CPO and have been into pools and spas for 19 years.

candice