Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Flipping over turf

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:28:17 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 17/04/2017 19:18, Bazza wrote:
I want to re-do my lawn completely. Most recommendations are for the old
turf to be removed completely but I want to consider an alternative
approach and I would welcome your views.

My idea is to hire a turf cutter to cut the turf and then flip the turf
completely over. Then the plan is to spread about 2 inches of top soil
on top and then sow grass seed with a little fertiliser.

I expect the old grass will grow through.

Well since he wants grass there again, why is this a problem?

No point in the massive effort of turning the turf over.