Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bobrweber@gmail.com is offline

Default HOOKING UP AMP GAUGE ?

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 12:48:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Suggest circuits for linking an analog amp gauge to the output of a 200 amp auto

alternator for measuring output under load. ? links ? commercial units ?

I use a Klein tools 400A AC/DC True RMS Clamp Meter model CL2000. Just clamp around the battery/alternator cable to see the charging/discharging amps.. The resolution is good for the 20A range I usually use it for. The model seems to be out of production but their model cl800 appears to be a replacement ($105 on amazon). There are some clamp-on meters on ebay but watch out that they do measure dc amps in clamp-on mode.