Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Reclaimed

On 04/21/2017 1:44 AM, wrote:

Keep us in the loop. I will e interested to see where you and on
this and what your experience is with the final product.

Thx again, Robert. I guess you're basically saying other than the
factory-primed products or to go back to steel, there really isn't as
durable a prefinished material as the advertising would have you believe
I think is what I'm reading between the lines...which isn't that
surprising methinks.

The original profile is #106 in the standard mill books (eastern and
western) as shown at
www.nelma.org/wp-content/uploads/106_drop_siding.pdf excepting where
they now show from 4" up, it was 3-1/8". The narrower is more
pieces/work but really has the "old timey" look that just isn't captured
with the wider profiles (at least imo which is the one that counts ).
I may end up with 4" out of accommodation with cost, but I really
don't want to get wider than that--I never liked the 8" on the steel
siding dad put on from the beginning, but wasn't my call, then, either!

https://goo.gl/LxK9fo

Some about the house a classmate took when had a HS reunion evening out
as well as some of the barn refurb/reroof and a few during an
exceptionally good haying season for good measure...not sure if I did
the sharing thingie right or not...it worked for me but not sure it's
public for other users...