Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Finally Succumbed To the Barn Door Fad

On 4/21/17 8:24 AM, dpb wrote:
On 04/18/2017 12:04 PM, -MIKE- wrote: ..

Well, I resisted as long as I could but finally had a client who
really wanted them in a closet build-out I was doing in her
basement converted-bedroom.

https://goo.gl/photos/5XhKykF8cVmz9cR68

The client enjoys finishing, so she's going do the stain or faded
paint finish of her choice, and pick out handles.

Nicely done...only comment/suggestion I'd make would be to have used
one board for the top/bottom stiles so would have unbroken grain
across both when closed...now it jars (my eye, anyway) where they
meet...probably go away to a large extent when finished, but...

I was wondering when someone would comment on that, because I would
have. :-)
That was actually my plan when I was laying out and cutting the boards,
but the client said it would look "too matched" and not barn door enough.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--