Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default General election

On 21/04/17 11:04, Roger Hayter wrote:
FWIW I agree it would be wrong to repeat *our* Brexit referendum, unless
there is a major change in world circumstances, because the views on
both sides are so entrenched and another close result would lead to
severe dissatisfaction whoever won,

I think the picture is that there is a minority on both sides who are
entrenched, and a huge number or 'might change their minds if' people in
the middle. All the polls show that the floating voters are floatig
slowly to the brexit side, as the sky has failed to fall and May is
universally upbeat about the positive opportunities even as the BBC and
the Guardian continue to feature Remoaners, and limp dims, as if
either still have any relevance.

I suspect what could happen is May cuts a crap deal which amounts to
staying in in all but name, and we then get a referendum between staying
in in all but name, and staying in.

For me the only key point is that whatever deal is struck UK parliament
retains sovereignty and the power to change any part of that deal if it
doesn't like it.

Like it already had before brexit you mean!