Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default O.T. electric cars - do they have gearboxes?

On 21/04/2017 10:01, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:

Or like my Peugeot ICE drives front wheels, Electric motor drives rear
wheels. So I have 4WD when I need it, and silent running when in town
just to scare the natives:-)

Can you put the ICE in reverse while the electric is going forwards?

To get a stretched limo? That is the sort of thing I would try if
possible:-) but no it has four selectable functions. Auto, Electric
only, 4WD, and Sport.

I like Sport, both motors work at once if the battery is well charged.
So it accelerates like a rocket!!!

Mike