Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Big Bamboo

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 14:15:16 -0700, Oren wrote:

You planed the wrong kind of bamboo unless you are planning on
shooting a remake of Tarzan.
The many types of bamboo fall into two broad categories. The walking
kind and the clumping kind. It sounds like you have the walking kind
and it will take over your yard.
Right up the river from me Thomas Edison was paying the Koreshans to
grow various strains (for the light bulb experiments) and we still
have good examples of several types. When I stole some shoots for my
yard, I was careful to get the clumping kind. They can't control the
walking stuff that is still popping up everywhere on the site.

+ 1 It will grown under the neighbor's fence and invade his property.
And **** off a pool owner :-)

I've been to the Edison place on the river. Grew up near there on the
river, further east.

The bamboo is in Estero at the Koreshan site. There are also a few
patches along the river but they are the clumping variety. I am
guessing someone transplanted them. I got mine from what is now the
West Bay Club.