Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Does every clothes dryer get hot inside.

On 4/20/2017 1:56 PM, Micky wrote:
Is tumbling hard on clothes? Not human tumbling wearing clothes, but
tumbling in the dryer. Especially shirts.

Is excessive tumbling hard on clothes?

Does it always get hot inside the dryer when you have the temp set for
warm or hot air, not plain air?

Yes, except for "air dry" it gets warm. Dries faster that way. Never
noticed any excessive wear from drying.

The clothes dried fine on the line but the next time I was in a hurry.
I tried both positions, and it never got hot inside the dryer. Not the
slightest. And my clothes didn't seem to dry. So I took them all
out and spread them over the back seat of the car, then went away for
a couple days.

Have not used a line for years. Bird crap, pollen, cold in the winter.
They come out softer from the dryer anyway and less labor. Never tried
the back set of my car though.

FWIW, the dryer goes one direction for a couple minutes, pauses for 5
or 10 seconds and then reverses.

Never saw tht happen but European design may be different.