Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr.E Mr.E is offline

Default How do I remove a stuck whirlpool cap from the agitator?

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:29:39 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

The whirlpool fabric softener cap is supposed to just pop off, but this cap is stuck on like glue. I tried cold water, hot water, vinegar, prying it off with a screwdriver and butter knife. What else can I try? I'm willing to break it off, but I don't want to break the agitator. Any suggestions????

Take a hose clamp and clamp 2 pull straps (large ty wraps work ok) to
the dispenser and pull upward with impact to assist it breaking loose.
--
Mr.E