Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diesel scrappage

In article ,
mechanic wrote:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:06:30 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
mechanic wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:50:46 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

And how about those who live there? Are they to be denied owning
a car?

Do they need one? Try public transport (at least in London).

The obvious retort to that is if you need a car because of where
you live, move. Makes as much sense as you've done.

Not too much sense on here so far; many would walk/cycle/use public
transport if those alternatives were suitable.

The snag tend to be everyone wants everyone to use those far more worthy
ways of getting around - except themselves, of course. 'They' always have
excuses why only they need a car.

Where we are bus
routes are being cut so such alternatives are limited - city
dwellers tend to have more choice.

Bus routes tend to be cut if they are little used.

And that's where the pollution
problems tend to be.

Rather obviously.

--
*I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.