Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I remove a stuck whirlpool cap from the agitator?

The whirlpool fabric softener cap is supposed to just pop off, but this cap is stuck on like glue. I tried cold water, hot water, vinegar, prying it off with a screwdriver and butter knife. What else can I try? I'm willing to break it off, but I don't want to break the agitator. Any suggestions????

Get a "Strap Wrench". It's a tool using a rubber or fabric strap attached to a handle which is good for gripping circular objects. An oil filter wrench is a type of strap wrench and if you have on in your tool collection, it may be of use removing the stuck cap. You can get a cheap strap wrench at Harbor Freight if there is one in your city. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strap_wrench

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=strap+wren...cp&ia=products

[8~{} Uncle Strapped Monster