Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 02:17:39 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 01:26:19 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:00:01 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:29:00 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 02:45:29 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 03:14:53 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Or for pursuing criminals who are running away from
the cops either. Corse a ****ing great alsatian is likely
to be a seen as a tad more threatening by the average
running crim too.

I'm pretty certain a similarly sized lion/tiger would be
considered
more
threatening.

;-)

That could work as long as the handler wore armour, had the beast
on
(long / strong) lead and the laws on keeping dangerous animals was
changed to allow the Police animals to actually kill crims (as I'm
not
sure the recall command would work as well on a lion as it would on
dog). ;-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/10...rning-hug.html

My ****ing great alsatian left that for dead.

He'd jump up and nip you on the cheek as a greeting.

Trouble is that he'd do that with visitors who showed up enough too
and
it was very difficult to predict when he was going to decide that
they
were welcome visitors and do it for the first time with a particular
visitor. With a huge great dog like that, it could give them a bit of
fright.

If he never harms anyone, what's the problem?

No problem, its just better if the more timid
of the visitors don't get an unpleasant surprise.

Nah, it teaches them not to be afraid of dogs.

It doesn't teach them anything, those who are afraid of dogs
are even more afraid of dogs after that, because they decide
that they are even less predictable than they thought.

That's their problem.

It is indeed, but I'd prefer to not have them **** their pants at my place.

Humans are bigger and more intelligent than dogs. Being afraid of them is
pathetic.

You'd be afraid of him when he's well away.

One party trick was to look out the kitchen window and
say to the dog 'some burglar is stealing your BONES'

He'd go absolutely ****ing bananas.

I tried to get someone to go out in the backyard in that situation,
I recon I would have stopped if I had told him to, but no one was
ever game to try it, even those who knew a lot about dogs.

Huge great dog, massive across the chest and quite
spectacular when going absolutely ****ing bananas.

I used to have one Italian neighbour who used to borrow garden tools. As
with most dogs, mine went ****ing bananas when he showed up, because he
was obviously terrified of dogs. Wasn't long before he wasn't even game
to knock on the door and ask to borrow anything.

Oh dear. I have no problem with any dog. Very few attack me.

I've only been bitten twice, once when I was still a young
kid wandering around the lion cages when the circus was
in town. I didn't even notice that there was a dog chained
up under one of the cages until it bit me on the leg.

Those that do get my foot in their face.

That would be a great way to end up ****ed over very comprehensively
indeed if you were ever actually stupid enough to try it with mine.

There's a reason the cops use them and not one crim ever
gets away with doing something like that with those.

We can use tools, they can't.

--
I was on a train this morning, in the loo, when a voice called out "Can I see your ticket please?"
"Not right now," I replied, "I'm having a ****."