Stormin Mormon

Default Cleaning compressor/condenser/outside unit

Sounds like a lot of work to do every time it rains. Usually when it rains,
I just leave it alone.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Blank" wrote in message
What do you do when it rains? I usually turn th power off remove the grill
and
spray the fins out with a garden hose, Sometimes I soak them with simple
green
first. I take care not to spray water anywhere else, although anywhere rain
goes I figure its sealed enough so mist won't hurt it. after i am done I run
the ac for 10 minutes and the fan dries everythhing out.

Subject: Cleaning compressor/condenser/outside unit
From: "Stormin Mormon"
Date: 9/2/2003 4:57 PM Central Standard Time
Yes, you can. But it would be no where as effective as having the techie

use
the correct cleaning chemicals and solvents, and rinse it out with the
garden hose.

Please don't try to save money and just hose it down yourself -- you're
likely to get electrical stuff wet, and cost yourself more repairs.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ignoramus16661" wrote in message
Our A/C guy mentioned that it would be helpful f they cleaned the
outside AC unit (compressor/condensor).

My questionis, is it necessary (I assume so), and second, can I do it
myself with a big wet or dry vacuum or something.

Thanks