Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Flipping over turf

On 19/04/2017 13:50, Max Demian wrote:
On 18/04/2017 23:42, newshound wrote:
On 4/18/2017 8:21 AM, Bod wrote:

Agreed. My landscape gardener told me many moons ago that grass likes
being cut, but weeds don't. I just mow regularly and they eventually
disappear.

I believe it is an evolution thing. Grass grows from the bottom, which
is why they survive grazing herbivores better than broad-leaf plants,
which grow from the top.

That doesn't mean grass *likes* being cut.

Cutting lawns stimulates grass growth:

Does mowing the lawn promote grass growth? | Yahoo Answers
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?...5092618AAeBR4G
seems like my lawn is filling in the bare spots and I have not planted
seed. ... Yes mowing the grass will stimulate growth. Not only will it
spread seeds but it also ...