Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware,alt.2600
David B.[_4_] David B.[_4_] is offline

Default About Dustin (was - BD, pick up the phone)

On 18/04/2017 10:04, Diesel wrote:
Just for the record, What I have is NOT a disease! He's just forgotten
the specifics, and, I refuse to assist him with them. I've *never*
asked for sympathy, either.

I don't have to /remember/, Dustin. Here are *your very own words*,
straight from the Usenet records:-

=

I have a
rare genetic's related illness.. My breaths will continue to get shorter
until.. I just stop breathing outright. Hopefully that's still a few years
away, but.. sometimes; I can feel it.

I might look like a high school kid still, but on some days, I can feel my
real age creeping up on me with the illness I have. I especially enjoy dr
visits where they can see my birthdate but aren't doing the math to get my
age and so list the things I'll experience in my late teens, early twenties
and into my thirties, and fourties as well assuming I live that long.

The first time that happened, the dr scared me a bit..(He thought I was
twenty something). I've been experiencing the later symptoms for several
years now and I know i'm getting worse, I can feel it. Some days are better
than others tho.

They don't have a cure for my illness, but they do have a stop gap measure
to artificially introduce a missing enzyme back into my body; but I'm not
cool with blood transfusions and i'd have to start doing that sooner rather
than later and it'll only buy me a few years tops. They can't even
guarantee it would give me five more for the hassle. Not to mention the
cost for the treatment. 30k each time. It's insane!

I could have gone my entire life without being around cigs or smoking
myself and it still wouldn't matter due to genetics. Some things are just
beyond an individual persons control. So, for the most part I just tell
myself that I'm fine and most anybody would be out of breath from walking
up all those damn stairs. [g]

It's especially fun when you get light headed and see stars and you didn't
even really do anything stressful. If I'm sitting down and get up too fast,
I can pass the **** out due to low oxygen levels/low blood pressure
sometimes and it's all related to something I can't fix that I didn't
catch; I was born with it. Every year I'd have to have blood work done so
they could monitor this stupid ****ing enzyme that hasn't even been in
trace amount levels since I was seventeen years old. When I turned
eighteen, I told the drs to stick those needles up their asses; I wasn't
coming back for more. It was the same old story anyway; yes, it's less this
year than last year, or.. we can't even find trace amounts anymore; your
Liver has stopped producing it outright. This is what you will begin to
experience as you continue to age.. and they'd list symptoms.

Basically what it boils down to is this: I'll either die from cardiac
arrest that'll be painful for a little bit, or suffocate as my oxygen
levels plumit because my lungs aren't converting enough anymore. This is
what I have to look forward to, pending a car wreck or home invasion or
something doesn't get me first.

Now, you try living with that knowledge since you were a little fellow and
see if it doesn't affect your attitude and outlook on things ever so
slightly. Especially when you start to feel what the drs have told you for
years you would eventually experience. You find that you don't have enough
time to complete everything you had in mind; and that you most likely will
be leaving sooner than some other people and you had no control over any of
it.

Message ID

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi...4.75.214.90%3E

=

I personally don't believe you were lying about this condition (perhaps
I shouldn't have referred to it as an illness, but I'm sure folk got the
gist of what I meant).

Quite a burden for you to be carrying all your life. Remember, though,
that God never gives any of us a burden which we are unable to carry.
Remember that poem I quoted to you before?

http://www.sapphyr.net/largegems/footprints.htm

Footprints in the Sand

One night I had a dream.

I dreamed I was walking along the beach
with the Lord..

Across the sky flashed scenes from my life..
For each scene, I noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me, and the other to the Lord..

When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.

This really bothered me
and I questioned the Lord about it:
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why
when I need you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied:
"My precious child, I love you and would
never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then
that I carried you."

by Mary Stevenson

--
The only people who make a difference are the people who believe they can.