Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Sticky Binoculars

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 01:04:00 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 00:17:21 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 23:37:08 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Andrew" wrote in message
news On 18/04/2017 15:15, Bod wrote:

"Sticky stuff remover".

Ok, but I've never heard of that before. Handy to know though.

They stopped selling it about 5 years ago ...

Like hell they did.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...uff+remover%22

Pricey way to buy solvent

Its more than just solvent.

sounds unlikely

If it wasn't, people would just use white spirit. There's no way they've managed to sell a product for decades that's just white spirit rebadged.

I tried all the readily available solvents
and they dont do anything like the same job on the worst labels.

so you need the right solvent(s). Whatever that is.

The stuff in sticky stuff remover is perfected. Of course I have nothing to do with this company and don't make any money from them at all :-)

--
Listerine was invented in the 19th century as powerful surgical antiseptic. It was later sold, in a very distilled form, as both a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea. But it wasn't a runaway success until the 1920s, when it was pitched as a solution to "chronic halitosis", the faux medical term that the Listerine advertising group created in 1921 to describe bad breath. By creating a "medical condition" for which consumers now felt they needed a cure, Listerine created the market for their mouthwash. Until that time, bad breath was not conventionally considered catastrophic, but Listerine's ad campaign changed that. In just seven years, the company's revenues rose from $115,000 to more than $8 million.