Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Finally Succumbed To the Barn Door Fad

On 4/18/2017 2:42 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/18/17 1:16 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 4/18/2017 1:31 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 12:04:49 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

I've seen rumors of soft-close adapters for barn door that act like
soft-close drawers in that they grab the door, slow it down, and bring
it to a soft stopped position. If I do more of these, I will look into
that option.

The hotel bathroom doors had that feature. Still pretty inconvenient
though, as the door was big, thick and heavy. You had to apply more
force than you would expect to open or close that door.

---