Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Naturous Naturous is offline

Default BD, pick up the phone

Mike Duffy formulated on Tuesday :
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 07:54:33 +0100, David B. wrote:

(redacted) doesn't need sympathy, Mike.

So why did you say 2 posts upstream: "Perhaps they may now be more
sympathetic". As he pointed out in a parallel thread, he never asked for
sympathy. It looks more like you David are just trying to make yourself
look more empathic than your heart makes you feel. Why is that?

Are you aware that (redacted) had suicidal tendencies

I am aware that you keep saying so. Was this a private message you should
not have shared, a forged message, or one where you have distorted the
context? Even if it were truly something he said publicly, it still amounts
to personal feelings that a normal person would not keep repeating.

What have YOU done to help him?

1) Respect his privacy. Part of this is following his request not to use
his real name here, despite that fact that everyone knows it already. I
even bothered to redact it in my inclusions above because it seems that
this is too complicated for you to understand.

2) Freely give tech tips if I know answers offhand, instead of making him
jump through hoops.

3) Don't respond to posts forged in his name or posted by the anonymous
coward.

4) Don't go on about stuff he did during the previous millenium that he has
apologized for several times.

5) Tell him politely when I believe he is mistaken.

If cook drug you through the mud like he has to several other posters
here, then you might have a different view on treating him with
respect. Perhaps some of your relatives being dox'd here would change
your friendly attitude towards him?