Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default BD, pick up the phone

On 4/18/2017 4:57 AM, David B. wrote:
On 18/04/2017 00:13, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/17/2017 6:51 PM, David B. wrote:
On 17/04/2017 19:49, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/17/2017 7:57 AM, David B. wrote:
On 16/04/2017 23:37, Shadow wrote:

Even someone that has NEVER paid income tax has a right to a
pension in the UK.

*NOT TRUE* Please familiarize yourself with the FACTS!

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/i...11364069362015

The top pay out is $194 US per week. Much less than what you can
get here from SS. My wife has not worked for 50 years and gets more.

Whereabouts is "here" Ed?

I'm pleased for your wife, regardless!

In the US. Our Social Security payout is wage based to a maximum of
$2635 a month. You spouse can collect 50% of that even if she has not
worked enough to qualify for her own.

Thanks for the info.. Seems inordinately generous! ;-)

The employee and the employer both pay 6.2% of our income into it. What
we paid in over the past 54 years will take me 18 years to get back. If
I live to 84 I roughly break even. If I was single and no wife to
collect it would take 27 years for payback. Doubt I'd be here to 92,
but possible.

These are rough numbers based on today, not considering changing rates,
inflation, etc.