Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT - for computer guys

On 04/12/2017 12:29 PM, Diesel wrote:

Wed, 12 Apr 2017 01:38:34 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:50:55 -0500, philo
wrote:

On 04/11/2017 07:43 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:03:17 -0500, philo
wrote:

On 04/10/2017 05:57 PM, Frank wrote:
http://www.therestartpage.com/#

Push the buttons for each system if you like.

Best post I've ever seen here!!!

Back in the days of Win98 a small file was out. Looked like a
simple utility to improve your computer performance. When you
clicked it "said" deleting all files. That never happened but
people panicked. It was a joke. People freaked out hitting the
power off switch. The file was harmless.

Yes, I recall stuff like that.

I remeber one that made a sound like a centriguge spinning up and
it
said it was "drying out the hard drive" When it finished it made a
gurgling sound and If I remember correctly, showed a blank c:
Drive in a fake windows explorer screen.

Haha.. That was actually ported from the original DOS one that did
the same thing using your PC speaker, not your sound card. Yes, the
PC speaker can do more than beep.

I still have the sprdrv.exe file somewhere to do that.