Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My latest project

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:52:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 17:07:14 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:07:16 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 10:42:47 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 00:21:12 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I should mention that today I did have a big barking commotion at the
back alley. 2 stray pit bulls were making great effort to tear
through the back double gate, to get to my dogs. And a couple of the
newer dogs were defending the property as best as they know how. Those
two pits have been responsible for more than a couple deaths of local
dogs and no one knows who they belong to..but they are in too good a
shape to be homeless. Animal Control has had some serious cutbacks and
we here in Poverty Acres are largely on our own.

Ditto here. And there is a special election next month. If the
Sheriff, the library, the remote firemen, and the animal control all
get their bonds passed, my property taxes will QUINTUPLE to over
$4300. Just the jail bond will increase it 160%. That's not
"increase to 160%", it's a 160% increase over what I pay now.
The library doesn't need a million three to exist. We patrons and
local companies are always tossing in twenties to thousands to the
tune of half a mil already. This will be the sixth request for the
library and Sheriff in the past 5 years, and this is a special
election, costing us more of our meager funds. Burns me up, because
we po folks -always- turn them down. We can't afford it.

And here I was, thinking that California property taxes were
high....geeze. Thats the reason I DONT live in an urban county.

Chances of any of the bonds passing is slight, but still scary as
hell. But I sure want to stay in county. Living is a city just gives
them the right to exactly double your taxes.

So I got out the Sheriton Blue Streak in 5mm and shot the worst of
the two, after I went out and hollered at him and he directed his
attacks at me. If I didnt have a good stout chain link fence..he would
have been on me like stink on ****.

It's too bad the fence was there. If it hadn't been, you could have
put a .45 between his eyes from 2' and nobody would ever have to
suffer from that ******* again.

Never shoot a pit bull in the head with anything smaller than a heavy
bullet in a .243. Like bears....bullets tend to bounce off or deflect.
Shoot em in the spine/neck behind their skulls then angle the next
finishing shot from behind the rib cage into the heart/lung area. Its
more humane and kills them quicker. Ive killed almost 2 dozen of the
*******s. If I hated them individually..Id simply electrocute them.

I'll keep that in mind.

So I gave him a hunting weight
5mm pellet right smack in the top of the skull at 5 pumps from 2 feet
away, right through the chainlink he was trying to tear through. He
went down..stayed down long enough for me to reload and put in a full
10 pumps, and check my daily carry .45......and then he and his buddy
staggered down the alley, and down into the oil ditch near the end of
the block.

A shotgun would be much easier if they got in the yard. The wife
calls AC while you take out the perps. Think of it that way and it
will be easier. They're no longer dogs, just perps who are trying to
kill you and yours.

If they got into the yard..they are not going to be standing there
waiting to be shot..but would be mixed up with a pack of dogs and
machinery, while trying to rip the throat out of each one. Thats the
reason I hope they never get in..seperating them out of the mass will
be tough as hell and Id hate to shoot one of my own dogs by accident.
Hence Im going to be ripped up, getting close enough to put a JHP in
that dog.

So tie up the dogs at the first sign of the PBs trying again, then
shoot them when they do get in. Perfectly legal and long overdue.

Tie up 12 dogs and leave them unable to even run from the pit?

With you and pistolas in both hands, mon? The pit wouldn't have a
chance.

If I missed with my first shot, using my shotgun and a load of #4
buck..it would be bad..and that sob can move fast. Tying them up...Id
have to think about that..ever get 12 dogs together and willing to be
tied up when there is a dog trying to much them? Chuckle...dream on.

Two alternatives I see a
1) train your dogs to come to be tied up.
2) keep fewer dogs.
Or just allow the pit to munch you and the dogs. chuckle

Ayup. But shooting a dog on the other side of a stout chainlink fence
and claiming self defense...in California...has issues. Even here in
my nice red area.

You misread my text. I said "wait until they got in before shooting."
One should really want it to be a legal shooting.

Ayup.

We are mostly red up here, too, but the new Sheriff is a PC mofo who
decided that we should all pay $0.93/1000 on our property tax to fund
more jail beds and, I think, new paint jobs for the cruisers.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!