Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flipping over turf

In article ,
Bazza writes:
The grass is totally weed-free, but it has a mix of varieties -giving inconsistent colour and texture. Currently it gets mowed every two days.

One of the coarser varieties tends to spread out horizontally so, in my view, is an undesirable. But all that aside I want to get closer to getting a much better lawn - lawn that makes a real impression - level, smooth, consistent , rich green etc etc

One trick I've seen for that is, let it grow a bit more, and that
course grass tends to be higher. Use a glyphosate glove to sweep
across just making contact with this higher grass. That will eliminate
it. You can (or could) buy glyphosate gloves, but you can probably
make one with a disposable plastic glove to keep it off your skin.

Of course, depends on the extent of it.

--
Andrew Gabriel