Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:29:17 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 00:17:50 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Why does the fire brigade respond to such calls, they're a FIRE brigade,
the clue is in their name.

Because they're a fire and rescue service, and because it's more fun driving the big nee-naw (especially when they know it's a nice easy call-out with no smoke or deaths) than sitting in the station polishing their nozzles.

I've seen such rescues on TV and the person doing the rescuing often
wears thick gloves as the ungrateful / stupid cat that has been stuck
and crying for 2 days doesn't understand it's being rescued.

The cat will come down of its own accord when it's ready, or the owner
can climb the tree. I learned to climb trees when I was a child, are
you saying an adult can't do so?

Cats and children can get to different parts of trees than adults - different power:weight ratio.

And the ability for the higher / thinner branches to support the
weight etc. Such things shouldn't really need explaining should they
unless someone has suffered 'brain mush' from contact with a cat. ;-)

Cheers, T i m