Posted to uk.d-i-y
Judith Judith is offline

Default Flipping over turf

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 11:18:33 -0700 (PDT), Bazza wrote:

I want to re-do my lawn completely. Most recommendations are for the old turf to be removed completely but I want to consider an alternative approach and I would welcome your views.

My idea is to hire a turf cutter to cut the turf and then flip the turf completely over. Then the plan is to spread about 2 inches of top soil on top and then sow grass seed with a little fertiliser.

One reason for doing this is to save carrying lots of turf and hiring a skip. I also want to raise the overall level of the lawn.

Is this plan feasible or just potty?

There was once a new couple looking at a house being built for them. They were
taken around the almost finished house by the foreman.

They noticed that he kepi shouting out of the windows "Green side up".

When asked why : he was shouting at the gang of insert a nationality here
navvies - laying the lawns.