Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:01:14 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:51:37 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 17/04/2017 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote
tim... wrote

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

They don't even recognise their own name.
It's a real rocket scientist cat that can do that.
They actually come when you make noises that indicate food is being
served.

Can dogs walk a tightrope?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKYtLlvRlU

They don't climb trees very well either.

Luckily, dogs rarely need (or want) to do either ... nor therefore
waste the Fire Brigades time getting rescued when they get stuck.

They can find people on mountains

And are much better for drug sniffing and finding corpses too.

What do you have against drugs?

I don't. Its those who train the dogs to do that that do.

They also have currency sniffing dogs that somehow
manage to work out if you have a lot of currency or
whether its just sort of quantity that most have.

Dunno how well they work with our entirely plastic
currency now tho. Havent seen them used in any of
the footage of those reality TV shows that cover people
going thru customs, only in Britain and north america.

Never seen anyone using cats for that.

Or for pursuing criminals who are running away from
the cops either. Corse a ****ing great alsatian is likely
to be a seen as a tad more threatening by the average
running crim too.

and rescue people from the water though ...

We use humans for that. Works a lot better.

Yes, I can't really see a dog holding an unconscious person above the
water.

Yeah, can't say I have ever seen any dogs rescuing
people from the water. Hard to imagine a cat
managing it, because of its size alone.