Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default BD, pick up the phone

On 4/17/2017 6:49 PM, David B. wrote:
On 17/04/2017 17:53, Frank wrote:
On 4/17/2017 7:57 AM, David B. wrote:
On 16/04/2017 23:37, Shadow wrote:

Even someone that has NEVER paid income tax has a right to a pension
in the UK.

*NOT TRUE* Please familiarize yourself with the FACTS!

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/i...11364069362015

Following tread, I have a friend retired from 19 years in the US Navy
that gets a pension. He then went to work in industry, is 67 years
old and collects US Social Security. He's still working too.

Maybe there is also confusion in pension vs dole in UK. Those of us
in US think that everyone not working in UK is on the dole?

Well, that simply is not true, Frank!

I'm delighted to advise that I have NEVER been 'on the dole'! :-)

I hope so. I heard one time that folks considered terrorists if they
stayed in UK went to UK and got the dole (welfare). Also a colleague
working there told me he could live nearly as well not working.

Then there was a German that I worked with in the US got transferred
around and back to Germany and was riffed. I had recommended him doing
some consulting for the US and he said it was not worth his while as it
would interfere with government unemployment.