Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diesel scrappage

On 17/04/17 15:58, Andrew wrote:
On 17/04/17 11:49, mechanic wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 20:05:07 +0100, tim... wrote:

It'll be restricted to 10 YO cars

I also read that they might just restrict it to cars registered in
cities
with a pollution problem

Targeting the place of registration is not the same as targeting the
pollution in the cities; the London Mayor is targeting the actual
drivers by putting up the congestion charge for these polluting
vehicles. The sooner they are removed from our streets the better.

what a sanctimonious prick you are, to be sure.

The sooner people like you are removed from the gene pool, the better.

If you or anyone you knew was suffering from asthma or any sort of
lung problem then you might think otherwise.

I do suffer from astham wuite badly.

Oddly enough it was better when there was more pollution around

Far better to slam another 30p on diesel fuel duty and use the
money to fix the potholes and compensate the real losers, those
with breathing issues.

Except petrol engines are ultimately no better.

And the tax is on te car, nit the fuel isn't it? So high mileage rich
people dont suffer, just the poor elderly retired person who cant afford
a new car, gets stamped on for road tax on a vehicle he scarcely drives

I was diagnosed with asthma some years ago and then managed to add
pulmonary sarcoidosis to that. I have never had a problem standing,
waiting to cross at a junction where there is a queue of cars, both
petrol and diesel - I have however struggled for breath when a single
truck or bus is in that queue.

SteveW