Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Flipping over turf

dennis@home Wrote in message:
On 17/04/2017 19:18, Bazza wrote:
I want to re-do my lawn completely. Most recommendations are for the old turf to be removed completely but I want to consider an alternative approach and I would welcome your views.

My idea is to hire a turf cutter to cut the turf and then flip the turf completely over. Then the plan is to spread about 2 inches of top soil on top and then sow grass seed with a little fertiliser.

One reason for doing this is to save carrying lots of turf and hiring a skip. I also want to raise the overall level of the lawn.

Is this plan feasible or just potty?

Why not just put the topsoil on the turf?

After treating with glyphosate...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----