Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 14:05:21 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

The dog was found late at night. It was taken to the vets the next
morning and it was microchipped.

That was something at least.

It was returned to it's slack owners
later that day.

Ok.

OOI, I was talking to the local Council 'Dog catcher' the other day re
the law and owners not microchipping their dogs as I believe it is now
a legal requirement (£500 fine for not doing since April 2016 I
believe).

Apparently, if an owner comes to collect their dog they just charge
them the relevant collection / overnight fees and send them on their
way (even though 'local authorities' are supposed to 'police' the
microchipping thing)?

And yes I have posted that link before to this newsgroup, and yes I
already had a cat when I found the dog roaming the streets.

Makes sense then. ;-)

Cheers, T i m