Posted to alt.home.repair
David B.[_4_] David B.[_4_] is offline

Default The Dark Side

On 17/04/2017 10:52, Diesel wrote:
philo news Apr 2017 14:10:41 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 04/16/2017 05:48 AM, Diesel wrote:

Well, I just built a machine recently using some very new
hardware and was unable to install anything until I went into
the UEFI settings and set CSM to legacy. Hard to believe that
the mobo was non-functional with the default setup.

Essentially it made the UEFI look like a legacy BIOS as far as I
could figure.

****! BD used to tell me how knowledgeable you're supposed to be
with the PC, but... after reading several of your posts now in
various threads, I think he's misplaced his trust, again...No
offense intended.

LOL, I certainly never made the claim I'm knowledgeable...I'm
pretty dumb actually but somehow manage to solve most problems I
come across simply because I'm persistent and don't give up. I
guess I have /some/ smarts though because I often come up with
solutions that other people don't think of.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time BD mis-represented someone or
something. He's bad about doing that.

I most certainly did not intentionally misrepresent Philo - he's been
one of my Facebook friends for MANY years.

Did you know that because he spent so much time kneeling in front of
computers - praying for them to work properly again - he had to have
both of his knees replaced some years ago? He made a good recovery.

I apologize if I seemed to be insulting you, btw.

It's right and proper that you have apologized. Philo is another of
life's 'good guys' - you should endeavor to be more like him, Dustin.

--
The only people who make a difference are the people who believe they can.