Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do these numbers on a cable splitter really mean?

[snip]

Hard to say. It may not even be your house. When I had problems with
drop outs they found a connection problem two streets away. Could be
your router, could be a connection. Have you called your provider? They
have instruments to check signal.

I had such cable problems (frequent loss of internet connection, a lot
of bup-bup-bup (erratic short audio/video dropouts) on TV, etc.). I had
to have one of their (cable company's) technicians out. He was good and
found a 30-foot section of cable causing an erratic 14dB loss. After
replacing that, everything was OK.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"When religion comes in at the door common sense goes out at the
window." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other
Essays_]