Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default The Dark Side

On 04/16/2017 01:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
philo wrote:

With Linux I know SATA channel can make a difference

I didn't ... building my own and resurrecting old computers is kind of a
hobby . I'm actually a retired cabinet maker with a loving wife who indulges
me . I can't write code , and never wanted to . I just want to tailor my
machines to do the tasks I find important . Looks like the only way now to
do that is to go with a Linux based OS , because I'm just not going with
Win10 . I may not be able to eliminate my online footprint , but I can damn
sure minimize it .

I've been working with computers since 1979 but had a long break between
1982 and 1999,

I am good a hardware problems, pretty good with software problems but am
absolutely not a coder.

I've been using Linux part time since the year 2000 and switched to it
as my main OS maybe six years ago.

If I am on line, I will not be using Windows

but if I'm scanning slides and printing I use Windows.

The software that come with my scanner works great on Windows

but the Linux support, though it works. is not quite as good