Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diesel scrappage

On 16/04/17 20:25, Capitol wrote:
charles wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
I hear an MP is suggesting a scrappage scheme for diesel cars.

If there are 31 million cars on the road and 38% of them are diesel,
does he really think a £100m scheme providing an average of £8/car is
going to cut it?

especially if the car was worth quite a bit. Last year, I traded in a
3yo
Mazda estate (for a new one) and I got £15k in part exchange

That's not what it's worth, thats what a dealer is prepared to pay
to get rid of a car from his stock! Realistically, rule of thumb, a car
loses 30% of its price on sale, then a further 10% of it's price per 10K
miles per annum. At 100K miles, or 10 years, it is essentially
worthless. If you pay more than this, that's your loss.

my 100k 13 year old car is still worth 3 grand

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly