Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 8:39:45 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Sat, 15
Apr 2017 15:58:22 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Ahh, you've rephrased your question. Cute, but, it makes no
difference.

I only rephrased it because you insist on playing word games,
when the context of the thread, the question, my post are
perfectly clear.

I'm not playing any word games...Your initial reply to the op was
perefectly clear, yes. You didn't know that firefox was still being
updated and still worked on Windows XP. You couldn't have been more
clear concerning it.

The only support left for Firefox is security updates for 5 months.
There is no support at all, no security updates, for XP. Only an
idiot would argue that is a supported environment for a guy looking
to upgrade his PC for the future. But then here you are. Again,
CONTEXT is everything.

The first thing I'm going to ask them is what are you planning to
do with the upgrade. Is this going to be for normal every day
use, OR, a dedicated purpose? That distinction determines my
response.

If you read the post, he said he was upgrading a desktop system.
That's not a CNC or an ATM. Got it now?

What he said doesn't matter as far as that reply of mine goes.

AGain, you have no concept about CONTEXT.

I was politely telling you,

Your very first post to me was most certainly not polite,
it was an attack. An attack over nothing, because now you
finally have admitted, you're "not sure" if what I gave
was the right answer. ROFL