Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Dark Side

philo wrote:
On 04/16/2017 07:05 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Diesel wrote:

Also, which sata port is that drive connected to? And, which sata
port is your bootable linux drive connected to? They are numbered
for a very specific reason...When running the box with a single
drive, it doesn't matter, but, when multiple drives are connected,
it does. Especially if both drives have code the bios/uefi can
pass control over to. And, going by what you've written, it
does...Hence my question about it's history.

I didn't know it mattered which port which drive is plugged in to
with SATA , I'll check that today .

I just swapped cables around , with the boot drive in #1 and the
storage drive in #2 it boots just fine . THANKS !!

Good call on the part of Diesel.

I've seen that with XP but thus far never with Win7

That wasn't Win7 , that was Linux Mint 18.1 cinnamon 64 bit
--
Snag

---
http://www.avg.com