Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Bosch oscillating tool review

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 6:08:22 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Michael wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 3:06:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
This is just a quick look at a new tool I bought that lives up to its hype.

http://www.cpooutlets.com/bosch-mx30...efault,pd.html

I bought this about a month ago at CPO when they had their President's
day sale. With their sale prices and the Bosch promotion, it was
somewhere in the mid $80 range to the door with some other purchases.
It is a discontinued

Robert

So after much thought I am ready to buy the Bosch. My question: tail or no tail?

Thanks,

Mike

I would ask the question, are you likely going to use the tool enough to
wear it out in the next 5-6 years.
If not I would suggest getting the tailed one. Manufacturers are
notorious for changing battery design and you may end up with a tool that
you may not be able to find replacement batteries for. And i have not see
a battery rebuild place that rebuilds Lithium Ion.

Corded will likely out last a battery powered. For me personally the
only cordless tools that I buy, then I have the option, are drills.

Same here. I have tried a cordless circular saw, but I prefer constant and full power. But I am wondering if people most often prefer the mobility of a drill when they use their oscillating tool.

Mike