Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Fixing an electric hedgetrimmer: any advice? (or hope?!)

Another John wrote:
In article ,
"Dave W" wrote:

Could you describe exactly how you "tested the cable" without any equipment?

I connected it, via one of the trimmer's cable connectors, to a table
lamp (by wiring the lamp's plug cable, having unwired the plug, into the
connector, having disconnected latter from the trimmer, and then
plugging it in).

J.

Um, so you've tested the cable from the plug to the connector but not from
the connector to the internal wiring?

Looking at the only picture I can find there appears to be a short length
of cable between the connector and the trimmer.

See third picture.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-AHS-5...osch+ahs+55-26

This is where most of the flexing will occur and where it cable most
commonly develops internal breaks. You can't test this without opening
your strimmer up.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls